Old School Sesame Chicken Glutinous Rice
|1.||Glutinous rice (long grain) 3cups|
|2.||Chicken leg 240g|
|3.||Black sesame oil 1/2茶匙|
|4.||Pink salt 1/4茶匙|
|5.||White pepper to taste|
|6.||Old ginger 22g|
|7.||Dried mushroom 4pcs approx.40g|
|8.||Chinese sausage 1pair (optional)|
|9.||Diced spring onion (optional)|
|10.||Black sesame oil 3 tblsp|
|11.||Pink salt to taste|
|12.||Rice wine 150ml|
|1.||Black sesame oil 1/2汤匙|
|2.||Soy sauce 1汤匙|
- Wash and remove bones from chicken leg, cut into desired size. Marinate with ingredient 3-5.
- Lightly wash glutinous rice, soak overnight. Filter away water in the following morning, set aside to dry off.
- Soak mushrooms, lightly squeeze away water, cut into dices.
- Clean ginger, cut into slices.
- Heat up pan, add sesame oil and ginger slices. Fry at low heat until ginger slices are lightly curl.
- Add chicken and mushroom, adjust to medium heat, stir fry until fragrance. Sprinkle some pink salt to season.
- Pour in glutinous rice, gradually sprinkled with rice wine, continue to stir fry to let the rice absorbed the fragrance of rice wine.
- Use a spatula to lightly spread flat the rice, add some water, until the water level is slightly lower than the rice spread.
- Put on the Chinese sausage, cover the pan to cook with medium low heat for approximately 20min, use chopsticks to move around the glutinous rice, upside down in order to even out the doneness of glutinous rice.
- Observe the glutinous rice, it is done if the colour turned clearer, and the center of rice grain is not hard anymore.
- Off the heat, pour in black sesame oil and soy sauce to enhance the beautiful flavour of glutinous rice, put on cover to encourage penetration of flavour by utilising the remaining heat.
- Serve hot.
- Chinese sausage and diced scallion are optional, based on personal preferences.
- Amount of liquid needed also depends on water content in the glutinous rice grains. Just an overall guide, ratio of glutinous rice to liquid (rice wine plus water) approximately 1:0.8
- For anyone who enjoy crispy rice at the bottom, you may increase cooking time at intervals of 5min, for glutinous rice to further crust once it is cooked (step 10).Recommend to check every 5min to avoid over burning that caused bitterness in taste.
You are welcome to follow me for future sharings
Youtube: PS K
#glutinousrice #ricerecipe #sesamechickenrecipe #gingerrecipe #chinesehomecooking #chinesestirfry #homecooking #chefpeishuen #sgfood #cookinginstructor #cookingclass #homecooking
#食谱 #好味道 #最好的食谱 #麻油鸡食谱 #糯米饭食谱 #糯米 #姜食谱