English recipe – please scroll down
Have you ever tried this old school ah ma dish?
It’s not a fancy dish, it’s not noticeable to most people but it’s full of memory to me.
Steam silver fish with black bean to enjoy with jasmine rich or Teochew porridge.
Black Bean Steamed Silver Fish
|1.||Silver fish 1 handful|
|2.||Black bean 1茶匙|
|3.||Cooking oil 1/4 tsp|
|4.||Soy sauce 1/4 tsp|
|5.||Sugar 1/4 tsp|
- Place silver fish in a bowl of water, lightly wash and drain away the water.
- Soak black bean for a minute, drain away the water.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, stir to mix well.
- Transfer the ingredients onto a plate for steaming.
- Serve with rice or plain porridge.
Even if you can afford a whole world of ingredients, you need to be thrifty when attempting this dish to honour the hardworking and thrifty spirit of ah ma, then it will taste as delicious as it was in the old days.
You are welcome to follow me for future sharings
Youtube: PS K