There are tonnes of marble cake recipe online, mainly are butter cakes. Butter cakes carry rich buttery aroma but the texture is firmer compared to this recipe. This marble cake has gentle spongy texture. Most important of all, this recipe calls for a few ingredients only hence it is very feasible to be made at home.
English recipe – Please scroll down
|1.||Unsalted butter 188g|
|2.||Caster sugar 170g|
|4.||Self-raising flour 188g|
|5.||Fresh milk 130g|
|6.||Vanilla bean 1stalk|
|7.||Cocoa powder 1 tblsp|
- All ingredients to be thaw to room temperature of 25°C.
- Sift all ingredients in powder form.
- Extract vanilla seeds from vanilla bean, set aside. You may also substitute with 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Line the inner sides of a 7 or 8inch dia cake mold by brushing a very thin layer of butter.
- To ease the unmolding process, cut a piece of parchment paper to the size of bottom of mold, put it on after brushed the butter. You may also use silicone mold like I did, to bake individual small cakes.
- Place butter in mixing bowl, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar in 3 batches, scrape down sides after each addition.
- Add egg, beat until well mixed.
- Alternate adding self-raising flour and fresh milk, 3 times. That means start with flour, then add milk and back to flour until both ingredients are well mixed.
- Add vanilla seeds, mix well.
- Pour out 2/3 of the cake batter. Add cocoa powder to the balance batter, mix well.
- In cake mold, put in cake batter and cocoa cake batter in few times. Use a pick to stir the batter in order to result marbling effect. It is ready to be sent to oven.
- Once cake is out from oven, let it cool for minimum 10 minutes before unmold.
- Bake whole cake for 40-50min, test the doneness by inserting a tester in the center of cake. Cake is done when tester comes out clean without any batter sticked to it.
- Bake individual mini cake for 20-25min, test the doneness by inserting a tester in the center of cake. Cake is done when tester comes out clean without any batter sticked to it.
You are welcome to follow me for future sharings
Youtube: PS K