For making cinnamon milk bun
English recipe – Please scroll down
Tangzhong Milk Bread
|1.||Bread flour 42g|
|2.||Fresh milk 120ml|
|4.||Instant dry yeast 11g|
|5.||Fresh milk (lukewarm) 250ml|
|6.||Fine sugar 125g|
|8.||Bread flour 625g|
|10.||Unsalted butter 114g|
- To prepare tangzhong – Put bread flour, fresh milk and water into a small pot, stir to mix well. Bring to boil in low heat, stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Set aside, let cool before use.
- In a big mixing bowl, stir together tangzhong and fresh milk.
- Add instant dry yeast, fine sugar. Stir in the eggs prior to pouring the mixture to dry ingredients.
- Use a pair of chopsticks to stir the ingredients until they combined, they may look like scattered pieces now. Knead the pieces a little, once they combine and form a ball of dough, cover the mixing bowl with cling film, let the dough rest for 15min.
- Transfer the dough onto worktop, add unsalted butter. Knead the dough until all butter are well blended into the dough, and the surface of dough does not look oily anymore. The dough will smooth out.
- Continue with kneading, followed by lightly hitting the dough onto workshop. Repeat this set of actions until you are able to pinch and pull the sides of dough away into a thin layer of membrane. Shape the dough, put it back to the mixing bowl, apply a layer of cling film, let dough rest about 40-50min or doubled in volume.
- Transfer the dough onto worktop again, lightly knead to release the air. Divide the dough into smaller pieces in equal weight. Cover the dough pieces with cling film, let rest for 15min.
- Depends on your personal preference, shape the dough pieces into loaf bread, cinnamon milk bun or hot dog bun.
2 loaves of bread (Dimension Wd 5inch x Lg 8inch) or
2 trays of 9inch dia cinnamon milk buns (16 pcs) or
16 pcs hot dog bun using hot dog in 4inch lg
For baking loaf bread
Please refer steps 6 to 11 of how to prepare dough for baking loaf bread in my previous sharing of Plain Loaf Bread recipe.
For baking cinnamon milk buns
- You need to divide the dough into 16pcs for making cinnamon milk buns.
- Wrap the dough pieces with cling film, let them rest for 15min.
- Take one piece out, press to release the air.
- Roll the dough into rectangle shape, burst the air bubbles if there is any.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder onto the dough, roll up the dough.
- Lightly press the roll to flatten it, cut through lengthwise into two tails, leave the other end intact.
- Braid the two tails, then bun the braid and tuck the end of braid underneath the bun to secure.
- Arrange the cinnamon buns in baking trays. One 9inch dia baking trays is able to accommodate 8 buns (about half of the volume of this recipe).
- Cover with cling film, let the cinnamon buns rest until they look puffy.
- Egg wash, bake 12 min.
- Examine the colour of the cinnamon buns, you may extend the baking until they turn golden brown to your liking.
- If you did not egg wash, you may brush some melted butter onto the buns when they are out from oven, this will leave a sheen on buns after dried off.
- Let cool for 10 min, serve fresh and warm.
You are welcome to follow me for future sharings
Youtube: PS K