English recipe – Please scroll down
French Pastry Pie Crust
|1.||Cake flour/ plain flour 250g|
|2.||Salt 1 Pinch|
|4.||Egg yolk 1no|
|5.||Unsalted butter 125g|
- Cut unsalted butter into smaller pieces, chill in fridge.
- Stir in egg yolk into water, mix the egg mixture well. Chill in fridge.
- Mix salt to cake flour/ plain flour evenly.
- In the bowl of processor, put in cake flour/ plain flour and cold butter. Process the two by pulsing the processor, you will get well blended flour and butter bits.
- Add chilled egg mixture in a few times to bind the ingredients together.
- Pour the dough onto worktop, lightly press a few times to form a dough. Press flat, wrap with cling film, chill at least 1 hour before use.
1. If you have amber time, chill the bowl of processor for 15-20 min.
2. This recipe yield enough for making a 9inch dia round pie.
You are welcome to follow me for future sharings
Youtube: PS K