English recipe – Please scroll down
|2.||Cooking oil 2 Tblsp|
|3.||Dried cuttlefish strips 1 bunch|
|4.||Soy sauce 1-1/2 Tblsp|
|5.||Water 1-1/2 Tblsp|
|6.||Brown sugar 1/2 Tsp|
|7.||Toasted white sesame|
|8.||Lime/ lemon 2 wedges|
|9.||Coriander to taste|
- Clean pumpkin thoroughly, reserve the skin but remove the seeds. Cut into pieces in similar size.
- Rinse the dried cuttlefish strips, set aside.
- Mix soy sauce, water and brown sugar in a bowl, set aside the sauce.
- Heat up the pan, dry the cuttlefish strips first prior to adding cooking oil to fry it.
- Remove the cuttlefish strips after they turned golden brown. Add pumpkin pieces to fry until they caramelize.
- When the pumpkin pieces are evenly caramelized, pour in the sauce.
- Coat pumpkin pieces evenly with sauce.
- Plate the caramelized pumpkin, sprinkle with toasted white sesame and fried cuttlefish strips. Garnish with coriander.
- Squeeze some lime or lemon juice to make the dish more appetizing.
1. Pumpkin is is nutrient dense, high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, much of it concentrated on the skin and the flesh close to it. Please consider to reserve the skin when you prepared this dish to enjoy full benefits of eating pumpkin.