English recipe – Please scroll down
Look at my pandan chiffon cake
It’s soft and bendable
Pandan chiffon will carry beautiful aroma
Should you use pandan flavour from fresh leaves
Here is my recipe, enjoy!
Pandan Chiffon Cake
|1.||Vegetable oil 25ml|
|2.||Coconut milk 53ml|
|3.||Cake flour 80g|
|4.||Baking powder 1.5g|
|6.||Egg yolk 3nos|
|7.||Caster sugar 10g|
|8.||Natural pandan essence 20g – Recipe link|
|9.||Egg white 3nos|
|10.||Caster sugar 55g|
|11.||Cream of tartar 1 hint|
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Mix cake batter ingredients 1 to 8 in a large bowl following the order ingredients are listed in table.
- Beat meringue using ingredients 9 to 11 until maximum of soft peak.
- Take a portion of meringue to mix with cake batter, give a few stirs until well mixed.
- Pour cake batter in step 4 into meringue, fold until batter will well mixed. Do not over fold.
- Pour batter into 7inch dia round aluminium pan (hollow in the center).
- Tab a few times prior to baking.
- Bake 8min at 170°C, reduce heat to 150°C, continue baking for another 30min.
- Bring cake out, give it a few tabs and rest it upside down until fully cool down for unmolding.
- This recipe is based on grade A egg that weighed approximately 50g per egg.
- Be careful during egg separation to ensure that none of the egg yolk landed in egg whites.
- Add a drop of green colouring to the cake batter should you prefer stronger green colour of the chiffon cake as natural pandan essence does not colour the batter as dark.
- The batter is smooth and flowy in medium consistency when you pour, this serves as a self-check if you have gotten the right consistency.
You are welcome to follow me for future sharings
Youtube: PS K