English recipe – Please scroll down
Thai mango salad is extremely popular, most people who enjoy Thai food sure have tried it if they are not already fell in love with it.
This appertizing salad is extremely easy to make at home. One of the most important factor to be successful in recreating Thai flavour is to make sure you stand by a bottle of Thai fish sauce at home. If you omit fish sauce, you basically kill the soul of your Thai dish.
I have Thai fish sauce, Teochew fish sauce, Korean fish sauce and Vietname fish sauce, they are all fish sauces but significantly different in taste and flavour. So you know what to do… if you want to get similar taste just like the mango salad you had at Thai eateries.
Thai Mango Salad
|1.||Toasted peanuts||1 tblsp|
|2.||Dried shrimp||1 tblsp|
|7.||Fish sauce||2 tblsp|
|8.||Soy sauce||1 tsp|
|10.||Lemon juice from 1/4 lemon|
- Toast peanuts using a heated pan or oven, let cool before process to coarse bits, set aside.
- Wash dried shrimp. Rinse with hot water, drained. Coarsely chopped or lightly mortar the dried shrimp to ease the release of umami flavour.
- Peel, clean and slice the shallots, set aside.
- Clean coriander, give it a few chops, set aside.
- Peel the green mango, cut into strips.
- Prepare salad dressing by mixing ingredients 7 to 10 together. Make sure palm sugar is fully dissolved.
- In a salad mixing bowl, place green mango, shallots, coriander and dried shrimp along with salad dressing, toss well, set aside at least 5min to let the flavour blend well prior to serving.
- Sprinkle on peanut bits right before serving. Enjoy.
- The amount of salad dressing is sufficient to use for green mango flesh generated from 400g of green mango fruit (include skin and seed).
You are welcome to follow me for future sharings
Youtube: PS K